Friday, April 28, 2006

France

I fell in love with Paris when I was 14. To me it is romantic, full of hot chocolate and chestnuts (we were there in January), and the Boulevard St Michel. School children run around speaking better French than I will ever do. We were staying in a small hotel and I remember rehearsing my French to request hot chocolate in the room, only to find that the room service spoke to me in English. I immediately forgot everything I knew in French and had to have someone else order. I remember seeing the Mona Lisa and watching someone paint it (in those days the Mona Lisa was not behind perspex) and I thought that the copy was better than the original. There were no crowds (did I mention that it was January) and if I had been quick I am sure I could have actually touched it.

I will be back there very soon and have been surfing for information. I have been checking out Christiane Michels blog which is Day in Paris and her website is A Photographer in Paris Christiane has some beautiful photos. She will influence my photographs on this blog. For the children I have found this cool site, Kids in Paris I know I am going to need help everywhere for things for the kids. I have just read Tips for an affordable trip to Paris , again a must read for this upcoming trip.

For travel advice and information try GoFrance . This is where I found Christiane, as well as lots of other cool stuff about France.

We are staying in this Apartment for five nights and we are so excited.

No comments: