Wednesday, April 26, 2006

April is Birthday Rama

Did I mention how many birthdays we celebrate in April? Well first is my neice Neisha in Adelaide who turned 13 on the 4th, my neice Alex in the Blue Mountains who turned 11 on the 14th, my father who celebrates on the 21st, my daughter who turns 8 on the 25th, and finally my nephew, Damian on the Central Coast, who turns 13 on the 29th of April. Any of my friends or family planning to have children, please please miss out on April, I have no room left on the calendar!!

Well the 25th of April may be ANZAC day for most Aussies and Kiwis, but eight years ago (1998) there was another battle, a little closer to home. It all started at about 6am with some minor skirmishes. By about 10 am the battle had advanced from Monash up the road about 15 minutes to Camp Woden. After entering negotiations, signing forms, and a bit of huffing and puffing, the battle ended at 4.22 with the arrival of peace (or our smallest bundle of joy). The home based troops arrived around 6pm to check out the new peace treaty. Both General J and I were exhausted and stayed on in camp for the night. At 5pm the next day the General and I headed home with our new peace offering.




Here is Michaela.






Micheala at Floriade 2004





Soccer star 2005







2006 Sharing an Icecream Cake with Grandpa (who is born four days after Micheala)

No comments: